Terms & Conditions
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If we collect or otherwise deal with your personal information, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles, (“the Act”).
Collection of Personal Information
We treat information as personal information if a person can be reasonably identified from it. We will usually collect your personal information directly from you. In certain circumstances, we may also collect your personal information from selected third parties (such as service providers or partners), where you have consented to this. We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- If you sign up/provide it on our websites;
- Through your general dealings with us, including enquires, feedback, questions or complaints, or employment applications;
- If you use, buy or lease our services, products or properties, or assist others in doing so;
- If you enter or complete one of our competitions, offers or surveys;
- From third parties, where you consent to this (e.g. from real estate agents, brokers and other service providers (yours and ours), where you request to hear from us or wish to do business with us);
- From government and other agencies, where necessary depending on the nature of our relationship (e.g. credit reporting agencies and certain government entities); and
- Via any other method permitted by law and where you have given your consent.
Personal information mentioned above may be collected via our websites, selected third parties, via phone, in person, via fax, via email, via mail or via any other method determined by us.
The types of information we collect will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and may include:
- Full name, address, email address, phone numbers, gender, occupation and age;
- Certain financial details, like bank account, income and lease history details, as necessary to process a requested transaction (e.g. a sale or a lease); and
- Other information, as necessary.
You do not need to give us personal information, but if you don’t, we may not be able to help you or provide you with the requested services/products/property or allow you to participate in an advertised activity.
Use of Personal Information
Generally, we will use and disclose personal information that we collect about you for the reason/s it was collected and for related purposes. This may include the following:
- To provide you with information about our business, services, properties, products and activities, including information of a marketing nature;
- To send you information about special offers, publications and newsletters;
- To verify your identity;
- To provide you the requested services or facilitate lease or purchase of requested products and/or properties;
- To facilitate your entry and participation in competitions, promotions and offers;
- To process employment applications;
- To improve and manage our business, services, products and properties;
- To customise your experience when using our websites, products, properties or services;
- To address and answer any enquiries or questions that you might have; and
- To comply with any law and disclose to other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
We may contact you in relation to the above via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by fax, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and selected third party service providers, as we deem necessary to ensure smooth running of our business and to facilitate our dealings with you. Service providers we may disclose personal information to include legal and other advisors, promotional agencies, website and database developers, couriers, cloud and other storage providers, etc. Where required by law, we may also disclose your personal information to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
Unless otherwise advised to you, we do not generally disclose personal information outside of Australia.
Quality and Security
We may store personal information on internal computer databases and hard drives and/or in hard copy at our offices. We employ reasonable commercial physical and electronic security measures to protect any such records. We also engage third party service providers to assist in storing and processing certain personal information for us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of personal information we hold, and to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit one of our websites or use the Wi-Fi in one of the properties managed by us. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you.
A Cookie helps us to collect certain nature that is non-identifiable (e.g. details regarding your browser or your device and websites visited) and to recognise you when you re-visit our websites/use our Wi-Fi and to better facilitate your access. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored, however, by using our Wi-Fi you consent to collection of non-identifiable information regarding your device and activity. Information we collect via Cookies and our Wi-Fi will not be paired or connected to any personal information that we might hold about you, unless this is required by law.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites on our websites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these websites, or their usage of your personal information. We recommend that you check the privacy policies on those websites.
Access, Correction and Opting Out
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time via email or SMS, by following the instructions in the relevant email or SMS to unsubscribe/opt out, or you can opt out otherwise by contacting us at email@example.com with your request.
You also have a right to access and seek correction of the personal information we hold about you. You can do so by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to provide proof of identity before we can grant access or make a requested change. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however there are certain instances where access may be denied for reasons permitted under the Act.
We will make any changes requested or if your request is denied, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
If you have a concern or complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information or you believe that we have breached the Act or any other applicable privacy laws or codes, you can contact us by email at email@example.com . We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing as soon as possible (usually within 7 working days).
Further information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).